* 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Venison Mince
* 1 shallot, finely diced (40g)
* 2 tsps crushed garlic
* 3 Tbsp fish sauce
* 1 tsp sambal olek (chili paste)
* ½ cup white vinegar
* 2 Tbsp castor sugar
* 1 Tbsp lemongrass, very finely chopped
* 1 lime, juice and zest of
* 2 red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
* 200g rice noodles, cooked and drained
* 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 carrots, peeled
* 1 cucumber
* 1 cup fresh coriander
* 1 lime and shredded chilli / chilli flakes, to serve
1. Bloom the meat
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Venison Mince from packaging and mix with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, garlic, shallot, 1 tablespoon fish sauce and sambal olek.
- Roll the mince into 16 balls and set aside on a baking tray to bloom for 10 minutes
2. Prepare the salad
- To make the dressing, combine vinegar, sugar, lemongrass and lime zest in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil.
- Transfer to a small jug and cool. Add 2 Tbsp fish sauce, lime juice and diced chilli.
- Cook rice noodles according to on pack instructions.
- Shave carrots and cucumber into ribbons.
3. Cook the meat
- Heat a frying pan or BBQ plate to moderate-hot.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and cook the venison for 2 minutes before turning to brown all sides for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove meat from pan and leave to rest covered in foil for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the noodles between four bowls.
- Top with carrots, cucumber and drizzle with dressing.
- Arrange the meatballs over the top and garnish with coriander, extra chilli and lime wedges