* 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Lamb Rumps, cut into 4cm cubes
* 2 tsp cloves
* 2 tsp cumin seed
* 2 tsp fennel seed
* 2 tsp coriander seed
* 2 tsp turmeric
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 2 fresh bay leaves
* 4 fresh curry leaves
* 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
* 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled
* 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
* 3 large tomatoes, peeled
* 1/4 cup plain unsweetened natural yoghurt
* 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chopped, to garnish
* 4 cups steamed basmati rice
* Grated cucumber, lime wedges & papadums, to serve
1. Remove Lamb Rumps from packaging and allow to come to room temperature.
2. Grind cloves, cumin, fennel, coriander, and turmeric in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
3. Warm oil in a large, heavy-based pan over medium heat.
- Add spices, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, curry leaves and chilli.
- Toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until golden and aromatic - take care as the leaves are likely to splatter a little.
4. Season lamb with salt and pepper, then add to the spices.
Cook lamb for about 5 minutes, turning, until browned all over.
5. Meanwhile, place onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add onion purée to pan to sweat a little to remove some of the moisture - about 8 minutes.
- Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon to prevent mixture sticking.
6. Add tomatoes and partially cover with a lid.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes until the lamb is tender.
7. Remove lid. Fold in the yoghurt and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and lime.
- Serve with pappadums, steamed basmati rice and grated cucumber.