* 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 1/2 Tbsp ground allspice
* 1 Tbsp brown sugar
* 1 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
* 1/2 spring onion, chopped
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 Tbsp soy sauce
* 1 mango, diced
* 2 x mandarins diced
* 1 avocado, seed removed and flesh dices
* 2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
* 1 green chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
* 1 lime, juice of, plus extra to garnish
* Grilled corn, to serve
1. Bloom the meat
Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks from packaging and set aside to bloom before cooking.
2. Make the Jerk spice
- In a small blender combine the allspice, brown sugar, garlic, chilli, spring onion, cinnamon and soy sauce.
- Rub this over all surfaces of the New York Strip Steaks and allow to rest at room temp for 10 mins.
3. Make the citrus salsa
- In a bowl combine the diced mango, mandarin, avocado, coriander, chilli and lime juice.
- Season to taste.
4. Grill the corn
- Cut 1 corn cob in half.
- Blanch corn for 10 minutes.
- Oil the corn and grill on a griddle pan until charred.
5. Cook the meat
- Heat a skillet, frying pan or BBQ plate pan on moderate heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill the steak for 3 mins one side, turn and then 3 mins the next.
6. Give it a rest
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks from pan and cover with foil.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes, before slicing across the grain.
7. Serve it up
Serve the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks with jerk with spicy citrus salsa and grilled corn with chilli salt and coriander leaves.