* 1 pack of Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks
* 2-3 cups cooking oil
* 1 sweet potato or kumara, peeled, thinly sliced with peeler
* Vegetable oil for frying
* 150g butter, room temperature
* 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
* 1 red chillies, seeds removed, finely diced
* 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs like, chives, parsley or basil etc
* 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
* To serve, salad greens and lime wedges
1. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks from the fridge and packaging.
- Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
2. Heat a saucepan half filled with oil.
- Fry the sweet potato, until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towel, season with salt.
3. Mix butter in a bowl with the sesame seeds, chilli, herbs and lemon zest.
- Mix well.
- Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap, roll up and place in the fridge, to firm up.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
5. To serve, arrange the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks with vegetable crisps, salad greens, sesame & chilli butter and lime wedges.