* 400g packet Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tsp za’atar spice mix or oregano
* 20g dried porcini mushrooms
* 1 shallot, finely diced
* 2 large brown mushrooms, sliced
* 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
* 1 tsp paprika
* ½ tsp cinnamon
* ½ cup marsala, sherry or aperol
* ½ cup sour cream, plus extra to serve
* Chives, chopped, to garnish
1. Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strips from packaging and rub with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Rub the za’atar or oregano over the meat, covering all sides.
- Allow the meat to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, soak porcini mushrooms for 10 minutes in hot water.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add remaining oil and fry shallot until tender.
- Drain porcini, discarding liquid, and chop.
- Add all the mushrooms, reduce heat to low heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in paprika and cinnamon and season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour in fortified wine and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
3. Meanwhile, heat a skillet, frying pan or barbecue plate over a medium to high heat.
- Grill the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strips for 3 minutes one side.
- Turn and grill for a further 2-3 minutes, plus 1 minute for the fat strip side down, for medium-rare.
- Leave to rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. For a shared dish, spread the mushroom sauce on a warm plate.
- Slice New York strips across the grain and arrange on mushroom sauce.
- Dollop with extra sour cream and garnish with chives.